Thursday, August 13, 2009

Single Digits...wait...WHAT?!

Tomorrow marks our 31 weeks of pregnancy.

Holy cow.

40 - 31 = 9 weeks.

We are officially in the single digits! Wait..whoa.

We haven't updated in a few weeks, and I don't even know where to begin! Between house projects, getting ready for baby and our otherwise busy summer schedule, our days are FLYING by faster than we ever expected them to.

Our whirlwind adventure has included; a GREAT concert with my stellar cousin Jared (who is the first person to school ME in music..whoa), a wedding reception/family reunion in Canby, painting, nesting, volunteering, and stealing away as much time with our friends as we possibly can.

I find myself relishing the time Dana and I have together. The quiet moments when we are deciding on a menu, the card games, play time with Mols, movies and the surprise date nights and flowers are all so special to me and I cherish every moment! It's so bizarre to me to think of how quickly our lives have morphed from somewhat foot loose and fancy free to parents-to-be. Our dinners out will soon include a high chair, our movie nights will require a baby sitter, and at the end of the day, we won't just have the pleasure of coming home to each other but our home will include the love, noise and vivaciousness of a precious child. Whoa.

I'm not freaking out. Yet.
This really is an exciting time. We are gearing up for the most exciting weeks of our lives. I'm amazed at the way God has molded and led our lives to this point, and how He continues to build us up and grow us as a solid team. I love to see the way He has used this pregnancy to bring us togther and prepare us (as much as we could be prepared) to take the lead in someone else's life. Uh-mazing. :)

So 9 weeks. 9 weeks to prepare for baby, and absorb every precious moment with each other, with our family and friends. 9 weeks to get ready for the new look of the next 70 years.

Hold on to your butts, here goes nothing...

1 comment:

Addie said...

SEVENTY MORE YEARS AFTER THIS?

Dear God, I hope not. :) I want to die reasonably old but reasonably young, to where I can still drive and wipe myself, but to where folks can honestly say "She lived full and well."

You want to be 100? Holy moly girl, you are too much for me.

And congrats on the single digits - how exciting and scary and wonderful!