Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Not Your Ordinary Appetizer


A couple of weeks ago, we had the immense pleasure of catching up with some great friends of ours from Texas. In the short time they were here the boys were able to catch an antique airplane exhibit, Cici and I got to do some shopping/catching up and we all ventured out to see Mount St. Helens and Mount Rainier. There was a lot of laughter, conversations that left us challenged and memories made that we will talk about for visits to come, what a great time! We love you guys!!

To close out our busy and exciting weekend, we drove up to Tacoma, WA and had an absolutely delicious meal. The restaurant we went to is known for their Prime Rib, but the one menu item that caught my particular attention was the Macadamia Nut Crusted Warm Brie appetizer. I was expecting good..but this was beyond words fan-freakin'-tastic cheese folks. No, it's not the pregnancy hormones talking, this cheese was UH-MAZING!! My girl Cici and I were hooin' and hawin' like you wouldn't believe. I couldn't stop using the word "amazing" and I'm pretty sure the waiter thought I was nuts. Folks, you could have lined plates of this one right after another and I would have licked each one clean. It was more than cheese, we were involved. The waiter explained the process of preparing it so we could try and duplicate it at home, and you better believe that's on my list of things 'to do'! I'll let you know how that works out!

Until then..I leave you with a sentiment from our buddy Jay..."Mmm".

4 comments:

Kari said...

They also have that at Kincaid's (used to be Portland Steak & Chop House) in downtown. YUMMMM

Unknown said...

Frickin AMAAAaaaazing!!!!

There was a party goin on in my mouth for SURE!!!

Cheese....glorious cheese!!!

Mmmmmmm - soooooo good!

Dan Linn said...

MMmmmmm... that WAS good WASNT it! Let's eat it again sometime!

JayB said...

All I can say is: Mmmmm!