Thursday, September 11, 2008

Molly's First Flight


Needless to say last night was slightly traumatic for our little Molly mouse. For the first time in her life, she took flight.

Dana and I are in what I am certain will be a life long disagreement of who has the worst sleeping habits. He is convinced that I am a bed hog. He clearly does not understand that I am simply trying to scoot over to where EVERY blanket/sheet seem to be...on his side. Blanket hog? Bed hog? Both? Neither?
Last night I woke up to find him sweetly wrapped up in our bed linens. What he doesn't know is he as an indescribable super-human-death-grip on said linens while he is sleeping. If there is ever any chance of me getting to share them, I have to have a strategy, be smart about it. Last night, I chose the barrel roll approach. Grab a handful, and roll over as fast as and as hard as you possibly can.

Cut to Molly. That bundle of joy sleeps with us every night. We put her little bed at the end of ours and on occasion she comes up to snuggle with us. We hardly know she's there though because she buries her self deep into the covers and curls up into a little ball.

Cut to Jane Bond Barrel Roll maneuver. Ready. Set. Wait, position pillow so I don't have to move too much afterward. OK, ready. Set. ROLL! Roll almost complete, sheets in hand, and out of NOWHERE a black thing FLEW over my shoulder off of the bed. I didn't even have to hear the crash to know what took flight. Having been so abruptly jolted out of her dog chasing dreams and quite literally thrown into the bedroom wall, Molly was confused and disoriented. She just stood there and looked at me as if she was saying.. "MOM!! What the..?!!" I immediately scooped her up, she buried her face in my neck and dug her claws into my pajamas. Poor baby didn't know what happened! This little one is a tough cookie and of course she is in ship-shape, but I am sure she will re-think snuggling with us for awhile.

I'm am also rethinking my night time sheet stealing strategy. Maybe from now on, I will just keep an extra blanket under the bed on my side.

2 comments:

kares said...

This story is just as funny the second time!!!

Natalie said...

oh my, I can picture it now! too funny