Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Like a fierce kick in the...


A new food allergy test just determined that I am allergic to fruit and the combination of potato and grain.
No lie.
Doc has me totally and completely off fruit for 6 weeks. He needs to determine which fruits specifically I am most sensitive to. Potato and grain..eh, I can work with that. But FRUIT? I eat fruit everyday! Heck, I eat at least three a day while at work. WHO IS EVER ALLERGIC TO FRUIT??!?!! COME ON!

Have you ever had someone tell you that you CAN'T have something? Notice how you become increasingly aware of that 'something' you can't have?
Oh, I'm soooo aware of fruit now. Everywhere I turn there is a big bodacious, juicy piece of fruity goodness.

Boo.

Six weeks. Hide your delicate deliciousness sweet friends, I cannot be held responsible for my actions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

bummer i guess i will have to share all the oranges with molly

Addie said...

Boo is right. I'm sorry - what a bummer of a thing to be allergic to. I think I could handle being allergic to, say, processed sugar. THAT would at least be helpful. :)
Love you,
Addie

kares said...

UM... LAME FEST!

T said...

hi friend...went through this too. only i went off all food and onto these icky smoothie things and then slowly but surely added one thing after another. no allergies in the end. just FM kicking me in the a$$ yet again. so there is hope...