Friday, July 18, 2008

One year!!

On Tuesday, Dana and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. It's so strange how quickly this year has flown by. It really seems like just yesterday that we were walking out of the airport right off our honeymoon, ready to face real life.
We have been through so much together! We've experienced growth we couldn't have imagined, strength we didn't know we had and grace that definitely surpasses all understanding. :) It's amazing to me what I've learned personally. Marriage has this profound way of showing you your own strength and weaknesses in ways you wouldn't expect. You also discover more and more about each other, the good, the bad, and the morning breath, dirty dishes, stinky bathroom ugly. Lol.

I realize this is completely cliche, but I honestly believe that we love each other stronger, deeper, bigger and more intentionally than we did the day we promised to love each other till death parts us. I didn't realize I had the capacity to love someone this much, this way.

Marriage feeds my faith. The goodness, beauty, trials and grace that are a part of this journey could only come from God. I believe that with all my heart. The blessing of this responsibility make me a stronger person, it gives me courage and confidence for things to come.

We plan on celebrating our special occasion on the beach this weekend, Lincoln City. Dana arranged for us to crash at a great little beach hotel. We are really excited to get away and take a look back at the past year. :) Not to mention play in the sand and Dana is SUPER stoked to take his body board for a spin.

We will post pics when we get back! :) Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments: