Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fibromy-a-huh-wha??

Dana and I are very open about my battle wtih Fibromyalgia. It's a condition that is a mystery to many people and unfortunately one that not many doctors are willing to address.

In an effort to take a break from conventional medicine, tomorrow we will be seeing a Naturopath.
I've seen a Naturopath before, but he was a little bit of a coooook. Picture this..my regular visit would consist of me sitting in a chair that looked like it hailed from an old school barber salon or dentist office. It had old smelly leather, random metal contraptions, restraints and a BIG bright light above the head. Just as I was seated, he would pull the mystery (slot machine looking) handle and WHOOSH, I was flat on my back. All I remember was some mumbling and tapping. Not like reflex tapping, it was the kind of tapping you do when you have a puzzle piece that just won't quite fit...you tap..and tap until it forces its way in. Uncomfortable tapping on my forehead, elbows, knees and collar bone...and that was it. Tapping, take two and call me in the morning.

Needless to say, I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to another "Natural" doctor. It just so happens that this one comes with a great reference, so we are hopeful that he will be able to give us some solid and useful advice.
Honestly, at this point I'm ready to try anything. I have been pumped up with more medication than one person should have in a lifetime, poked and proded, xrayed and examined all to no avail. I'm ready to try a different option.

In an effort to really make a change for the better, Dana and I are diving into an organic/natural diet, and will be engaging in as much exercise and activity as my body can handle. If nothing changes, nothing changes right?
So here we go! We are off on our next life changing adventure. If you are curious at all as to what FM is or what exactly we are dealing with here, feel free to access this really amazing resource: www.fmaware.org.

We really appreciate the love, prayers and support we've been blessed with to this point. Please keep lifting us up!

No comments: