Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sunshine On My Shoulder Makes Me Happy!

Today was a good day.

I mean any day where there is uninterrupted sunshine in the NW is a good day - but today was exceptionally rad.

We started the day out by sleeping in till 8 (our version of bliss), took our time eating a healthy breakfast, got a few little chores done around the house and headed out for a few errands. In the afternoon, we snagged our lunch and found ourselves lounging on the blanket in the sunshine at the waterfront park. That was one happenin' place!! Everyone and their dog (literally) crawled out from the depths of their water-proof, warm homes to soak up this rare occasion that is SUNLIGHT IN MARCH in the Pac NW. Frisbees were thrown, picnics were made, walks were taken and I'm sure somewhere there was a stand with two little boys trying to make a buck per dixie cup of lemonade. Like I said...this was a GOOD DAY.

The view from our blanket was made up of the incredible Mt. Hood in all its glory, the Columbia River adorned with sailboats and fishing boats, and a beautiful lush, green park with new blossoms everywhere reaching for the sun to soak up every ray.

I found myself thinking about how much my life has changed - and how incredibly blessed I have been. I have a great life.
I have seen a lot of brokenness and a whole lot of discouraging circumstances, but in the end, I can look back at it and truly see the hand of God shaping me into who I am and where I am now. I have an amazing family who lets me be exactly who I am. I have a husband who choses to rally through life with me in good and bad. He encourages me and keeps my eyes on things above. His love makes me better, stronger. He still makes my heart skip a beat. And, oh Penelope. My precious and divine gift. She makes my rockin' world go round. She makes my heart beat faster and her smile shows me what true, amazingly pure joy is.

Today was a good day.

I was reminded of God's irreplaceable position in my life and I was reminded that his plan for me far exceeds what I could have dreamt up for myself. Not bad for a Saturday if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

Anamaria Micu said...

So glad you had a great day! It IS days like this where I just think "Life is good"..."God is good".