Monday, January 11, 2010

Right after they peeled me off the floor...

Today was Penelope's first day at daycare and my first day back to work. Fortunately, we took the 'break in' approach and I'm only working 1/2 days this week.

Peanut was the first little one to arrive bright and early in the morning. I found myself explaining her schedule to the care giver and the more I talked, the more my eyes welled up. The poor gal kept putting her hands out to take Penelope and I couldn't bring myself to hand her over. I covered her face with a million kisses and told her over and over how much I love her. By the time I was finally able to put her in very capable hands, I was a pretty amazing mess. I never in a million years would have imagined that this step would be as hard as it was. There was a pretty large puddle of tears, but we made it! PHEW!

Long story short, she was a champ. At my day's mid-point, I received several picture texts from my very dear friend Anna. She was able to stop by the daycare, visit with Penelope and take a few pictures for the mommy who was desperately missing her baby. Every picture was smiley and happy. She did great today, and got along very well.

Those pictures meant the world to me.

The first day back to reality...done and done.

1 comment:

T said...

reality isn't all it's cracked up to be huh?