Thursday, June 11, 2009

A swift kick in the pants...literally.

Last night Dana and I were spending time with some friends and I noticed Peanut was really active..more active than she had ever really been before. I kept feeling much harder nudges and it was clear she had moved past the 'fluttery/bubbles' phase into full-fledged kicking.
At our last ultrasound the tech referred to baby girl as 'stubborn' and 'uncooperative' because she wasn't even remotely interested in sitting still or slowing down. I thought it was the strangest thing that I was watching her squirm and toss on the screen, but I still couldn't feel her at all.

That all changed last night! Wooo-boy!

We were on our way home and I decided to feel around...sure enough she wasn't keen on me poking and prodding at my belly and kicked right back at me! It was WILD! I can't even put it into words really..just wild. Dana reached over to experience it for himself but she took that opportunity to chill out a bit. She hasn't given him the boot yet but he's definitely trying to sweet talking her into it. ;)

1 comment:

Anamaria said...

So glad all is well with your baby girl and she's moving around a lot. Eliana and now Josiah are the same...the ultrasound tech could never get good pictures because they were so active. As far as kicking, it took Teo forever to finally feel them move because every time he put his hand on the tummy, they would stop. It was funny ;) So, any names yet for this little one?