Monday, November 24, 2008

Sometimes the past just needs to stay IN THE PAST!!

Back in my pre-teen days you better believe I could "Hang Tough" like the rest of them. I was all about Donnie, Joey, Jordan and the those other New Kids, I'm pretty sure I even had a poster or two. Each of my friends claimed their future Groom from the Block and we all lived contently in New Kids on the Block la-la land. I won't deny it, but folks...I was 11.

Dana and I watched the AMA's last night and lo and behold, it ain't no joke, the New Kids are back on the Block. They performed a medley of two old songs (including Hang Tough) and their newer (raunchy old men singing to young girls about getting jiggy) songs. WOOOOOWWWW....I have few words.
Wait..no that's not true, I have more than a few..
LET IT DIE BOYS!!! LET IT GO!! You'd think that these early-middle aged men would realize that the pipes don't work quite the same as they did when they were teens..oh no...they were belting it out in all their nails on a chalk board glory! I gotta say, the hibbidy-dibbity dancing with the teeny bopper background girls was a little creepy for my taste. Yikeso.

Let it go homes, seriously.
Hammer pants, wave bangs, neon green, NKOTB, all things we should leave buried...F-O-R-E-V-E-R.

4 comments:

Addie said...

Also, the word "rad."

I am SO with you on that one. Girlfriend.

stacy said...

love your blog. and by the way i totally agree with you!!! NKOTB who would have thought?
i am so glad you found me on facebook!

Kari said...

I was watching the NKOTB perform on an awards show. Watching it with my daughter. WHAT?! What has the universe come to?!

kares said...

WTF!! I saw NKTOB when I was 7 years old and I would be proud to go see them again, even if they are terrible now!! It's all about nostalgia :)