Thursday, January 28, 2010

State of Confusion?

So last night, with a very sleepy baby in my arms, I found myself watching President Obama give his State of the Union address. It was at least 15 minutes into his address that I noticed I had been watching the whole time and didn't hear a word he was saying. I watched his lips move, I saw him raise his hands in emphasis, I saw Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi jump to their feet every 2.3 minutes, but I literally did not hear a WORD he said.
At some point toward the end of my day, a gnarly energy annihilator crept through my brain and killed off every major mental faculty one at a time. Hearing; check. Balance; check. Communication; check check.
I realized quickly that I should get a few things done around the house before it killed off my ability to walk or see!

On my commute to work this morning I followed my normal routine and ended up at a stop sign close to my office. After a minute or so I realized I was still in front of an empty street with my right turn signal on waiting for the SIGN to turn GREEN so I could go LEFT and get to work. Yep, you read that right. I was waiting at a STOP SIGN with my right signal on for the non-existent STOP LIGHT to turn green so I could turn left.

So. THIS is what exhaustion feels like? Riiight. Kill me now.

No comments: